I had a really productive weekend sewing and crafting. It was so nice to have the quiet time to focus on a project without distractions. This is the second time I’ve sewed this dress for Sarah and this time it went much more quickly. I swear the big pattern companies are out to make the most convoluted directions possible. It’s awful. The pattern is similar to Made By Rae’s Geranium Dress. While I don’t own it, she has a free version of the dress for 0-3 months size. I used those directions with my pattern pieces and it was a snap. The dress turned out so adorable. I can’t wait for her to wear it at her party on Thursday.
The kids and I also got busy making some patriotic fabric for our new porch chairs. I wish I had taken some pictures of the glue batik process, but it was really easy and we all were having too much fun painting. If you do give it a try, know that that the bright colors of the flag pillow were made using paint that only had a few drops of water to make it easier to spread. The more faded, watercolor looking pillow on the left was made by watering down the paint, a lot. Obvious in hindsight, but I wasn’t really thinking about it while the kids were painting. The pillows turned out fabulously and I’m loving our front porch area at the moment.
I’ve linked up with Frontier Dreams KKCO.